The purified protein usually needs to be transferred to a suitable buffer for further analysis. In the preparation of biological samples, buffer exchange is an essential step because it can prepare samples for downstream applications or achieve subsequent long-term storage. The traditional buffer exchange method is dialysis. Small permeable molecules such as salts, detergents, solvents, and other impurities are removed based on their ability to pass through a membrane. But since it relies on passive diffusion, it may take up to 24 hours. Alfa Chemistry provides the perfect solution for your buffer exchange process.
Diafiltration refers to the use of porous ultrafiltration membranes under pressure or centrifugal force to remove salts, detergents and other impurities based on molecular size. By using the Alfa Chemistry ultrafiltration concentrator for desalting and buffer exchange, the time required to replace the buffer can be significantly reduced. Forget about overnight dialysis? It doesn't matter, with our ultrafiltration device, you can gently change the buffer within a few minutes. Whether it is applying centrifugal force or using cross-flow methods to obtain larger volumes; this greatly saves time.
- Industry-leading flow rate and product recovery rate
- A variety of MWCO and capacity sizes ranging from 0.5 ml to 5 liters
A Fast and Simple Method for Desalting or Buffer Exchange
You can choose our centrifugal concentrator for desalting and buffer exchange, which can quickly filter the target protein and has a high recovery rate. This makes it the preferred technique for desalting or buffer exchange, avoiding lengthy dialysis steps.
- Buffer exchange and concentration in one device
- More than 95% of the salt is removed in one step, and 99% of the salt is removed in two steps!
- The sample recovery rate is less than 92%, consistent!
- Simple 3-step process: select the centrifugal concentrator device, fill it, and then spin it.
Larger Volume Desalting and Buffer Exchange
Our cross-flow device is very suitable for buffer exchange and diafiltration of large-volume aqueous samples. The cross-flow devices are easy to use because they are modular in design, easy to plug and play, and only require a peristaltic pump to operate. Most importantly, they provide the best performance, flexibility, and economy than any other laboratory cross-flow system cannot match.
- Easy to operate
- High capacity
- Multi-function: modular design for disposable or reusable
- Wide sample volume range (0.1 L to 5 L)
- Multiple membrane options and MWCO sizes
If you want to know more about our buffer exchange solutions, please contact us in time.